32 avenue louis Pasteur
The French SME PRODEX extrudes profiles in TPE rubber, like SEBS or PP-Epdm (SANTOPRENE), in small and medium serial, specially designed for a technical application in collaboration with its customer’s research department.
The company has a standard products catalog of about 400 references. With a turnover of 3.500.000 € and 15 employees, PRODEX is present in several markets: rubber retailers, solar gasket, building market, maintenance industry, food industry and automotive prototype. PRODEX’s head office is located in Chartres (France), but the company also owns commercial representations in Belgium and Holland.
PRODEX buys and extrudes 45% SEBS Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) compound , and 55% PP-EPDM compound Replacing rubber profiles by TPE rubber profiles allows :
• Environmental sustainability (100% recyclability)
• Technical performances very similar to conventional thermoset rubber, low hardness 10 shore A to 90 shore A, with a good elasticity and compression set
• Soft and esthetic material, easy to design
• Elasticity, an outstanding flex fatigue resistance
• Low density (0.95) allows pieces 20% lighter than Epdm pieces
• Easy to color, following RAL or PENTONE
• Temperature range - 60 °C to 110 °C
• Food contact following FDA or CEE specifications, low extractables, non-hygroscopic, sterilizable Ethylene oxyde, steam 121/132 °C and radiation
• A great variety of colours, following a PRODEX standard list or according to the customer’s specifications
• Moreover, in 2011, PRODEX has developed Antibacterial Thermoplastic Rubber, conform to ISO 22196 & JIS Z 2801. This quality will be available at the end of the year for the following main applications: hospital rooms sealing profiles, operating block sealing and door gasket.